Bali is an internationally renowned tourist destination, known for its wonderful diving, charming mountain scenery, temples, scenic coastline, exhilarating waves, as well as its vibrant and unique culture.
Countless travellers visit Bali every year.
Accommodation choices are plentiful, starting from budget hotels to luxury resorts. There is something for everyone!
To simplify we have divided the island into 5 main areas:
- South Bali, the area close to the airport, offers most of the hotels, resorts, dining, night life and shopping. Jimbaran is famous for its nice beaches and seafood restaurants. Nusa Dua and Tanjung Benoa also offer excellent beaches. Kuta is one of the most popular destinations, with its long beach and surf, a wide selection of restaurants and night life. Legian and Tuban are close to Kuta, and are very busy with small shops selling souvenirs and clothing. If you are interested in night life and looking for a great variety of dining options, Seminyak, Kerobokan and Canggu are the places to stay. These three locations are more up-market, although it’s possible to find some reasonably priced mid- range accommodation.
- Ubud is about a one-hour drive from the airport. Popular with tourists from all over the world, it has still managed to retain its traditional and mystic atmosphere. Ubud is the artistic heart of Bali, the shopping is excellent and it could be a nice way to spend your last day on the island before traveling home. We often include Ubud in our packages, sometimes in between two destinations. This area is also the gateway to rafting, canyoning, trekking and most of the activities related to nature and adventure. Accommodation is available at every budget level.
- Candidasa is the gateway to East Bali. This peaceful tourist village has plenty of accommodation choices and is only a 20-minute drive from Padang Bai, the port where Gili Cat fast boat departs to the Gili Island. The area is also interesting because of the high concentration of culture and spirituality. During your stay at Candidasa, we can pick you up and arrange your dives from there. Hotels available from low end to luxury.
- Tulamben, where one of the Bali Diving Academy outlets is based, is a very quiet village offering low to mid- level hotels and resorts. Waking up and watching the sunrise here is a priceless treat. You will also be able to admire magnificent Mount Agung, visible from almost anywhere in the village. From Tulamben is possible to visit Amed, another small fishing village, only 20 minutes by car.
- Pemuteran is in North Bali. Here you’ll find Bali Diving Academy Pemuteran on the grounds of the famous Taman Sari Resort. This quiet village has developed along a volcanic sand beach. It offers a stretch of low to higher end hotels and characteristic restaurants. It provides easy access to beautiful diving and snorkelling at offshore reefs, as well as the Biorock ® coral reef regeneration sites. It is also a gateway to reach Menjangan National Park where you can visit temples, go horse riding, or simply enjoy being surrounded by picturesque nature. Accommodation from low budget to high end resorts.
- The three Gili Islands are near Lombok, easily reachable from Padang Bai with Gili Cat fast boat. Of the three, Gili Meno and Gili Air are quiet. Gili Trawangan has the biggest population and is the location of another one of our outlets, Bali Diving Academy, which is within the legendary Hotel in Gili Trawangan. Gili Trawangan offers the widest range of accommodation, as well as interesting night life, with plenty of restaurants and pubs. Once a destination preferred mainly by backpackers, it is currently visited each year by a diverse mix of travelers enjoying its white sand beaches and easy-access dive site. Hotels on the island vary from low end to higher end resorts.
- Nusa Lembongan, home of Bali Diving Academy, is a small island between Bali and Nusa Penida. It is an interesting holiday destination with easy access from the South and not too many visitors. The island is known for its great diving and snorkelling, amazing surf and the crystal-clear waters. Lembongan has been developing quite quickly during the past few years, and accommodation is available from low budget to higher end. However, mid- range hotels are limited and as such they become fully booked quickly, especially during the sunfish season (August to October)
- Sanur is well located in South Bali, 20 minutes drive from the airport. We decided to list it in a special category because of its distinctive characteristics and perfect location, compared to the other areas in South Bali. Sanur is in a quiet and calm lagoon area, which offers some beach activities such as parasailing and windsurfing, a long beach path which goes along almost through the whole lagoon, and a wide choice of simple little restaurants and small shops. Although this village attracts many international tourists, it retains a special charm. Another advantage of Sanur is its location, which makes it the ideal departing point for East Bali. From Sanur, long queues in cars can be avoided, compared to trips departing from the other South Bali areas. Sanur also offers a great range of accommodation, from low budget to high end resorts and villas. Last but not least, our Head Office is in Sanur. Pass by to visit us and tell us about your diving experiences!
Bali Diving Academy's highlights :
Taman Sari Resort, one of our partners in Pemuteran, is a fantastic property which is completely in line with our view of sustainable tourism.
Taman Sari blends wonderfully with nature. Luxurious cottages and suites were built using natural indigenous materials in a relaxed setting surrounded by tranquil gardens and ponds. The surrounding mountains enhance the beauty and tranquility of Taman Sari, a perfect place for families as well as honeymooners and friends. Anyone can enjoy the many features offered here.
The luxurious Amertha Bali Villas Beachfront Resort and Spa is blessed with a magnificent location nestled on the edge of the crystal clear waters of Pemuteran Bay with a backdrop of nine majestic mountaintops.
Amertha was designed with Balinese style and modern luxuries. The Resort hotel amenities include an outstanding oceanfront restaurant and bar, long sandy beaches, stunning beachside pool, and a traditional Balinese spa and meditation center.
All of Amertha’s 14 villas offer first class accommodations and amenities including private swimming pools, koi ponds and fountains, lush gardens, outdoor daybeds and private terraces. Guests have the option of booking an individual suite or an entire villa.
Feeling overwhelmed? Don't worry, it's normal with a choice of over 35.000 rooms!
Send us an email with your preferences in terms of characteristics and budget, and we will go together through the process of finding the perfect place for you!