Cultural and Spiritual
Bali is very well known all over the world for its thousands of temples.
Ninety five per cent of the Balinese population follows the Hindu religion. In each Balinese-Hindu house you will find a temple or shrine, and in every village there are at least four different temples. Not to mention the big temples where all Balinese people gather to pray on special occasions.
Tradition and spirituality are a big part of Balinese daily life. During your Bali stay, Cultural and Spiritual experiences can be combined and tailored, based on your preferences and special interests.
Bali is also a very interesting center of visual arts. On this magical island you will find many talented painters, sculptors and carvers.
- Royal Temple of Mengwi, the Pura Taman Ayun
- The Sacred Monkey Forest at Ubud
- The stunning 16th Century Sunset Temple of Tanah Lot
- Besakih Temple, the "Mother Temple of Bali," is on the slopes of Mt Agung
- Ulun Danu Temple is an inspiring place to pray in Danau Bratan
- Uluwatu Temple, Bali's most impressive temple is on a cliff top at the edge of a highland, 250 feet above the Indian Ocean.
- Goa Lawah is a temple inside a cave filled with thousands of bats. It is referred as a sacred site for Brahma.
- Taman Ayun Temple, built in 1634, hosts a colorful festival each year
- Tirtagangga, in East Bali, is an exquisite series of pools and gardens inspiring a sense of tranquility. Originally built as a retreat for the King, it is in a location that is never too hot.
- The King’s Palace, East Bali, reveals the lifestyle of Balinese Royals in its architecture and displays of furniture and artefacts.
Bali is also home to some of South East Asia’s best spas, where mind and body can be rejuvenated.
Whether you prefer to visit temples, museums, join yoga retreats, immerse yourself in a spa, listen to spiritual gurus, participate in ceremonies or enjoy watching Balinese traditional dances, Bali is a place where the mind can be uplifted and the body rejuvenated.
Take the opportunity to experience Bali’s amazing culture, which has been changing the lives of thousands of international visitors for decades.
Every Bali Diving Academy dive center is located next to interesting sites and centers of activity, depending on the time of the year.
Tell us what you would like to see and we will combine the experience with your diving holiday!